Thursday, August 25, 2011

Letter to Free Lance-Star Editior update / recap

I want to briefly recap a series of letters to the Free Lance-Star (FLS) in one post to help you know where I stand on Debt. 
On July 17th, 2011, Richard Amrhine wrote a very one sided view on our National debt at the time Congress was trying to deal with the debt ceiling titled, “Will the GOP let us crash and burn?”.  It may be found here.
I responded to this article with a letter to the editor titled, “America is the largest debtor nation in the world” that was published in the FLS on July 24th, 2011.  It may be found at the link below.
The letter I wrote was then responded to in a letter to the editor titled, “The GOP conveniently forgets our debt history” by a resident from Bumpass on August 15th.  His letter may be found at the link below.
Today, on August 25th, my response to the above titled, “We’re in this together” was published in the FLS and may be found at the link below.

Please read the above letters to the editor and let me know what you think.  I welcome and encourage your feedback!
Also – Please get the word out about my campaign.  I’m running as an Independent candidate for the Courtland Board of Supervisors because the Republican primaries for Spotsy were held in June at the mass meeting and I made the personal decision to run after this date.  The Courtland district is composed of about 80 percent Republicans.  Why is it important to do this?
Honestly – if I were to vote without knowing about both candidates / and did not research the Independent Candidate – I’d vote the Republican ticket – this is my biggest challenge – GETTING the word out that I am the more socially and fiscally conservative candidate in this Courtland BOS race.  This challenge is multiplied by the decision I have made (and will stand by) to not accept campaign donations. 
You can help by following this blog, sending me an e-mail (david.ross.7@verizon.net) and requesting to be added to my e-mail distribution list, and telling others to do the same.   In the subject line put “distro information” or “distro help” or “both” depending on if you would just like information as we move forward or if you would be able to help. 
There are many ways to help that range from very small time commitments (putting a bumper sticker on your car) to large ones.  Please tell others about this blog and e-mail distribution lists as well.  This keeps costs low and it’s just information – on what one of your candidate’s stand for.  I firmly believe researching candidates prior to a vote is a civic duty and if you are reading this – I’m willing to bet that you do too!
My thanks in advance.
David Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment