Friday, August 19, 2011

Ross4Courtland - post number uno

Hi, my name is David Ross and I'd like to represent the Citizen's of the Courtland District of Spotsylvania County by serving on the Spotsylvania Board of Supervisors.  I have never run for a political office before - and believe me - It was with much hesitation that I have done this and has been a great experience to date.  I have had the privilege of doing something I was very uncomfortable with - going door to door to gather signatures in order to be placed on the ballot for the 8 November election. 
Going outside my comfort level however, helped me meet people, neighbors that I would never have met before.  People I've lived next to for years that I now had a "reason" to meet.  I should have done that a long time ago. 
I'm a dad of six children and happily married to a Jennifer - a Johns Hopkins medical school graduate who practices medicine in Fredericksburg and went to middle and high school here in Spotsylvania.  I'm originally from Iowa, served over 20 years in the United States Marine Corps and worked as a Program Manager at Quantico for the past 3 1/2 years. I've lived in Virginia over a decade and in the Courtland District of Spotsy for 5 years. 
My goal as your representative on the BOS is to be both Reachable and Responsible to you and no one else.  I am not collecting contributions as I don't want even the perception of owing a person, organization, or business something after the election.  I truly care about our community and want our neighborhoods to be a place where we enjoy living.  I am concerned about the direction our Government is going and feel that it all starts in our local community, and for me, that's here - in Spotsy!!!  Please sign up on the right to be e-mailed future blog posts.  In the future, I will be identifying issues in our County and how I intend on addressing them.  This is a very grass roots campaign I’m running – so please pass this site info on to others when you can.  Thanks!
Recent photo of David at Officers Christian Fellowship retreat with family


No comments:

Post a Comment