Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ross For Courtland Update - Key Differences in your choice for Courtland

Wanted to make a quick post and give an update that things couldn't be looking better on the Ross4Courtland campaign trail.  For those of you who have not participated as of yet, let you know of the key differences between the incumbent and myself.

Key differences:  I  have taken a pledge to not raise the tax rate if I'm elected.  I will fight to phase out the BPOL tax.  My opponent was the key swing vote to increase the 2.1 percent gas tax which added just over 7 cents to every gallon you purchase in Spotsy.

I stand for property rights and believe the toll road that the George Washington Toll Road Authority continues to move forward, needs !to look at other less expensive and more practical solutions.  My opponent is a member of the toll road authority and in his response to a Candidate questionnaire - has stated that he is for the toll road. 

For more information on the toll road - see http://www.davidross.weebly.com/ - the far right tab of my website has a "toll road info" tab - which has detailed status of where the toll road progress is at.  Bottom line - $14.5 million dollars was funded two weeks ago for the GWTRA to start a financial analysis, road design (engineering diagrams), Environmental study, and outreach program. 

Another key difference is that I will be proactive in communicating with residents and responsive when addressed by citizens.  Our current supervisor in Courtland was at a meeting held in December 2010 that addressed the toll road and to date, none of the concerns citizens have had were addressed.  Indeed they have more been ignored.  I would be happy to talk with anyone in Courtland about how I would represent them if elected to the Courtland District, Board of Supervisors seat.   My e-mail address is david.ross.7@verizon.net - cell number is 571.594.0814. 

I will be speaking tomorrow at the Fred Patriots meeting at Salem Church Library - please come on out!

David Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment